UPSC IFS (Indian Forest Service) Exam 2017 will be conducted in two major phases i.e. Civil Services Examination (Preliminary) and Indian Forest Service Examination (Main). For appearing in Indian Forest Service Examination (Main) it is essential to qualify the Civil Services Examination (Preliminary). We’re elaborating here in this article all possible information related to UPSC IFS 2017.
UPSC IFS 2017 Important Dates- Released
|Sl. No.||Exam Events||Tentative Date|
|1.||Date for issue of IFS notification and application form||22nd February, 2017|
|2.||Deadline to submit the application form||17th March, 2017|
|3.||Examination Date (Pre)||18th June, 2017|
|4.||Examination date (Main)||3rd December, 2017|
Minimum Eligibility Criteria Required
In order to apply for UPSC IFS 2017 candidates are essentially required to fulfill following criteria:
Check out the nationality criteria mentioned below, you need to meet with one of the following criteria:
- A resident of India,
- A subject of Bhutan/Nepal,
- Tibetan refugees came in India earlier than 1 January 1962 for settling here permanently;
- PIO category candidates who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
Age Limitation: In between 21 years and 32 years (Relaxation in age by 5 years will be provided to candidates belonging to SC/ST category and 3 years for OBC category candidates).
- Candidates should be graduated with one the following subjects namely Botany, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology, Physics, Zoology and Statistics. Or,
- Candidates should hold graduation degree in Forestry, Agriculture or Engineering obtained from a recognized state or central university.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
UPSC IFS 2017 How to Apply?
Online application form for IFS 2017 will be available at the official portal of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in. Registration process must be completed by candidates in the prescribed format and by using valid information.
*Application Fee: Rs. 100/- (Excluding SC/ST or Female category candidates)
Complete Instructions to apply- Check Here
UPSC IFS 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted in two stages i.e. Civil Services Examination (Preliminary) and Indian Forest Service Examination (Main). Candidates can check out below the prescribed exam pattern for Preliminary as well as Main exam.
Pattern for Preliminary Exam
- Preliminary exam will have two papers containing 200 marks for each.
- All questions are objective type in nature.
- Language mode: English and Hindi
- Exam duration: 2 hours
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks gets deducted for every incorrect response.
Pattern for Main Exam
- There will be six papers and all paper are required to be answered in English only.
|Paper I||General English (300 Marks)|
|Paper II||General Knowledge (300 Marks)|
|Papers III, IV, V and VI||Applicants are required to select two subjects front the list of optional subjects|
- Optional Subjects: Zoology, Statistics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Geology, Forestry, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Botany, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture
If you score the minimum qualifying marks in the exam then you’d be called to attend the personality test/interview. The maximum marks for personal interview will be 300.
Detailed info About Exam Pattern Check Here
Click Here to Check the Syllabus of IFS
Admit Card- Download Here
You’ll be permitted to obtain your admit card almost 20 days before the beginning of the test. One can download his/her admit card by using the application number/registration number and date of birth. You must have your admit card at the time of exam.
Check Answer Key- Click Here
UPSC IFS 2017 Result
Result of IFS exam 2017 will be available at the official website of UPSC in the PDF format. In order to view your result you’re required to go to the official website and search by using either your name or roll number.