Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam 2017 is going to be organized by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in the month of June, 2017 for recruiting aspirants in the medical services and posts available under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. Aspirants having desire to get into the government medical services are required to qualify in this test. Interested aspirants need to apply for this test within the prescribed deadline i.e. March, 2017 to April, 2017 (tentative).
Minimum Eligibility Conditions
Are you willing to apply for UPSC CMS 2017? Well, so you need to fulfill the criteria furnished below:
- Candidates having MBBS degree from a university recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) are only permitted to take this test.
- Candidates appearing in final year MBBS exam are also eligible to apply for the test.
- Age Criteria: Candidates’ age should be less than 32 years as on 1st January, 2017.
- Candidates must satisfy the necessary nationality criteria.
UPSC CMS 2017 Important Dates-Released
|Sl.No.||Exam Event||Tentative Date|
|1.||Notification and application form will be published||26th April, 2017|
|2.||Deadline for submission for submission of the application form||19th May, 2017|
|3.||e-Admit card gets issued on||3 weeks before commencement of the exam|
|4.||Examination date||13th August, 2017|
|5.||Publication of result||September/October 2017|
How to Apply for UPSC CMS 2017?
Candidates looking to apply for UPSC CMS 2017 are required to ensure that they are fulfilling the minimum required eligibility conditions. Once you are confirmed that you are meeting with all eligibility criteria required to appear in the test you may proceed to apply for the exam through its official website i.e. . www.upsconline.nic.in. Do not put any wrong entries in the form or don’t let it incomplete, otherwise it is liable to be rejected by the respective authority.
Application Fee: Rs. 200/0 (excluding SC/ST/PH/Women category applicants)
*Aforesaid application fee is liable to be paid through cash at SBI branch or via credit card/debit card/net banking.
Exam Centres: Expected List of Exam Centres
UPSC CMS 2017 Exam Pattern
Please have a look on complete exam pattern of UPSC CMS 2017:
- The exam will be conducted in its two parts i.e. Part I and Part II respectively.
- Part I will be a computer based test consisting two papers. Each paper will consist of 250 marks max and the time duration specified for each paper is 2 hours.
- Part II will be a personality test consisting 100 marks.
- Only those candidates are permitted to appear in Part II exam who qualify the first part of the exam.
Part 1 Exam Details
- General Medicine 70 questions
- General Ability 30 questions
- Paediatrics 20 questions
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics: 40 questions
- Surgery: 40 questions
- Preventive & Medicine: 40 Questions
All candidates are informed that their admit card won’t be sent through post, they are only permitted download their respective admit card from the official portal of the authority. It’d be essential to carry printed copy of your admit card while coming to the examination hall.
UPSC CMS 2017 Result
After complete verification of answer sheets of all applicants, the concerned authority will publish the exam result at its official portal. UPSC usually releases CMS result after two months from completion of the test and this year also the expectation is similar. Only those candidates will be invited to attend the interview process who have scored minimum qualifying marks in the written exam.
Selection of candidates would depend upon their overall performance in the computer-based exam and personality test. Applicants who are qualified in the computer based test will be further called to attend the personality test.