UPSC has released schedule for civil services preliminary examination 2017, which is going to held in the month of June 2017. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the examination after release of official notice.
- The appearing candidates must have a degree from a recognised university incorporated by an Act of Central OR State Legislature in India OR Other educational institution established by Parliament Act OR announced to be deemed university under section-3 of the UGCA), 1956 or have an equivalent degree.
Age Limit- According to official notice 2016 (If there is change we will update)
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 AttemptsSC/ST= No bar|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
Civil Services 2017 Important Notice
Civil Services examination 2017 Application process will be started from 22nd February 2017 till 17th March 2017.
Check out: Tips and Tricks for IAS 2017 Personal Interviews, Get details do’s and don’t do’s at the time personal interview- Click here
Check out: How to prepare for Civil Services exam 2017- A beginner’s Guide– Click here
|The official notification was out on||22nd February 2017|
|Final date for submitting the application form||17th March 2017|
|The Civil Services Exam 2017(Pre)||18th June 2017|
|Date of main examination||28th October 2017|
Check here Details for CSAT Syllabus
Civil Services Exam Application form
The application form for IAS exam 2017 will be available from 22nd February 2017. The applicants have to apply online from the official website. The applications will be accepted only through online mode. To check how to apply for Civil Services Examination 2017- Click here
How to Apply
First of all, all the interested candidates are required to visit the official website, from where you can find out the online application form link.
From the homepage, you should click on apply online link and then start filling the details accurately.
After filling the basic details such as educational details, date of birth and all, you will be asked to upload the passport sized photograph and signature in the prescribed sizes.
Lastly complete the process by paying the application fee.
Make sure all the details are accurately filled
The application fee is Rs. 100/- and can be paid either in the form of cash or net banking. The female and reserved category candidates will be exempted from application fee.
UPSC Exam Calendar 2017-18- Click here
Posts the finally selected candidates will be recruited
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B
Selection Procedure (Read Article)
Selection Procedure of civil services exam 2017 will complete in 3 stages- Preliminary examination (MCQ type), Mains examination (descriptive type) and personal interview. The qualified candidates of preliminary examination will be called for Mains examination followed by personal interview for final selection.
Exam Pattern (Read Article)
There will be 4 Test Booklet Series A, B, C & D in the civil services exam 2017 preliminary examination. The question paper will be of MCQ type. The question paper will be available both in English & Hindi language. There will be a penalty of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer.
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Minimum marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||33%||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
Admit Card (Read Article)
The admit cards for Civil Services (Preliminary) exam 2017 will be released 3 weeks before the examination date. The admit cards can be downloaded from the official website for UPSC. To download Civil Services (Preliminary) exam admit card 2017 click on the given link.
Cut off Marks (Read Article)
UPSC will release the cut offs for Civil Services Exam 2017 to limit the number of applicants for recruitment of IAS examination 2017. Cut offs are the selection parameters that applicants have to fulfill to get recruited for the posts of Indian Administrative officer. Check Expected cut off marks based on previous year exams.
Result (Read Article)
Civil Services Exam Result will be published in the form of PDF file in the official website of UPSC after successful completion of examination. The applicants will have to search their roll no. from the PDF file. The successful applicants of preliminary exam will be eligible to take part in Main exam, which will be held in the month of October 2017. The examination result of Civil Services Main exam will be declared in the month of February 2018.
Civil services Mains exam 2017
The qualified candidates of civil services preliminary examination 2017 will be eligible to attempt civil services Mains examination 2017 which will be held in November-December 2017. The civil services main examination 2017 is qualifying in nature. A little description of civil services exam 2017 (Mains) is given below-
|Name of the test||Type of test||Max. marks||Duration||Selection parameters|
|Paper A (one Indian language to be selected from the languages included in eighth schedule of the constitution||Conventional||300||3 hours||Papers to be counted for determining merit|
|Paper B English language||300|
|Paper I Essay||250||UPSC will prepare merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance & high marks aggregate scored in Mains & interview.|
|Paper II General Studies I (Indian heritage & culture, History & Geography of world & society)|
|Paper II General studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice & international relations)||250|
|Paper IV General studies III (Technology, economic development, bio-diversity, environment, security & disaster management)||250|
|Paper V General studies IV (Ethnic, integrity & aptitude)||250|
|Paper VI Optional subject Paper I||250|
|paper VII Optional subject Paper II||250|
|Sub-total (written test)||1750|