- 1 CDS 2017 Application Form, Dates for Exam I & II
- 2 Important Dates for CDS 2017 Exam (I)
- 3 CDS Exam 1st 2017 Application Form
- 4 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 How to apply
- 6 Exam Pattern (Read full details)
- 7 CDS Exam Syllabus (Read full details)
- 8 Selection Process (Read full details)
- 9 CDS Admit Card
- 10 CDS Answer Key
- 11 CDS Cutoff Marks
UPSC CDS 2017: UPSC – Union Public Service Commission is one of the most important and well popularized organization that conducts various examinations and CDS is one of them. Every year a huge number of candidates appear in this examination. Talking about the examination’s schedule then CDS 2017 Exam I will be conducted on February 2017 and Exam II in October 2017. The online registration starts from November so all the interested candidates can go thorugh the mandatory details regarding CDS 2017 and start applying for the same after release of official notice.
Important Dates for CDS 2017 Exam (I)
|The notification was out on||9th November 2016|
|Final date for submitting the application form||2nd December 2016|
|The CDS Exam will be conducted on||5th February 2017|
CDS Exam 1st 2017 Application Form
UPSC CDS Exam 1st 2017 Application form will be available from 9th November 2016 on official website. all the interested candidates may apply for UPSC CDSE 2017 before the last date i.e 2nd December 2016. To know how to apply for CDS Exam 1st 2017– Click here
- IMA and Officer’s Training Academy – Candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Indian Naval Academy – Candidate must have done Engineering from a recognised university or institution.
- Air Force Academy – Candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university (Physics and Chemistry in 10+2) or BTech.
Note- Candidates who are appearing the final year, they can also apply for CDS 2017 Examination.
- For Indian Maritime Academy (IMA) candidate’s (Unmarried Male) age should be between 18 and 22 years.
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA) candidate’s (Unmarried Male) age should be between 18 and 22 years.
- For Indian Air force Academy (IAF) candidate’s (Unmarried Male) age should be between 18 and 22 years.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men) candidate’s (Unmarried/ Married Male) age should be between 18 and 22 years.
- For Officers Training Academy candidate’s (Unmarried/ Widows/ Divorcees) age should be between 18 and 22 years.
Nationality: Candidate must either
a) India Citizen
b) Bhutan Citizen
c) Nepal Citizen
d) Tibetan refugee who had come in India before 1st January 1962 and must have permanent living prove.
How to apply
- Interested candidates can visit the official website.
- From there, you can get the application form link (after release of official notice). Open it and start filling the details.
- General Category and Male candidates need to pay Rs. 200. Reserved category candidates and Women do not need to pay any fee.
- The form will be filled in two parts. In first half, you need to fill up the details and in second half, you can proceed with payment procedure.
Exam Pattern (Read full details)
All the appearing applicants are advised to go through complete examination pattern to know the important points such as No. of questions, type of questions, subjects, duration of the examination. Marking scheme, sectional weightage and question paper format. Knowing examination pattern is very helpful to strategies your preparation for the examination.
|English||2 hours||100 marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100 marks|
CDS Exam Syllabus (Read full details)
It is very important that the applicants should know the examination syllabus before they start their preparation. The examination syllabus will tell you the topics to be covered under each section of the question paper. If you know the syllabus in detail, you will be able to make strategies for your study.
Selection Process (Read full details)
There are few stages that applicants will have to go through in order to get selected finally for various posts in defence services such as INA, OTA, AFA & IMA. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written examination and Personal Interview, Document verification and Medical verification.
CDS Admit Card
The admit cards for CDS I Exam 2017 will be available online from the month of January 2017. The examination will be conducted on 5th February 2017. The applicants who have applied for CDS I 2017 will be able to download their admit cards only through online mode from the official website of UPSC. Admit cards will not be sent by post.
CDS Answer Key
CDS examination answer key will be released by UPSC after successful completion of examination 5th February 2017. The applicants can download the answer key for the examination from the official website of the commission. We will also update an unofficial CDS Exam Answer Key on this page.
CDS Cutoff Marks
UPSC will reveal the cut offs for the examination within few upcoming days. The cut offs are the minimum marks that applicants will have to score to qualify CDS I examination 2017. The successful applicants will be eligible to take part in the next stages of CDS Exam I 2017 selection procedure.
Important Dates for CDS 2017 Exam (II)
The notification was out on – 9th August 2017
Final date for submitting the application form – 8th September 2017
The CDS Exam will be conducted on – 19th October 2017