SSC JE 2017: SSC Junior Engineer Exam is national level test conducted by Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of Junior Engineer for Civil, Mechanical and Electrical trade. If you are going to apply for this examination, you can find all the necessary details for SSC JE 2017 Examination.
The exam is divided into two stages namely Part-1 & Part-2. Candidates who qualify Paper-1 will be eligible for appearing in Paper-2. Short listing will be done according to the performance of the candidates in Paper-1 and Paper-2. The final Result will be announces in the month of March/April 2018.
JE 2017 Important Dates
|Availability of application forms||9th September 2017|
|Last date for online applications||9th October 2017|
|Availability of admit cards||December 2018|
|Examination date of SSC JE Paper I||5th to 7th January 2018|
|Results declaration||March 2018|
A candidate must be a citizen of India or anyone from the following-
- Subject to Nepal
- Subject to Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee came to India before 1st January 1962 to become permanent resident.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Burma, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire and Vietnam to become permanent resident of India.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical), CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognised University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical), Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in civil engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (QS&C), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognised University/Institute OR Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical), Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University/Institute.
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD the candidate’s age should not exceed 32 years
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), MES candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years.
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES candidate’s age should not exceed 30 years.
Note: Age Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories will be provided as per Government rules
The application fee of Rs. 100/- has to be paid either online or offline mode (application fee for women, ex-servicemen and other reserved categories are exempted).
SSC JE 2017 Application form
The candidates can apply online from the website www.ssconline.nic.in or www.ssconline2.gov.in. They have to fill all the required details in the application form and upload the scanned images of their photograph & signature.
The scanned photograph must be of 8 bit and in jpg format. The size of the photograph should be between 4 kb to 12 kb and the resolution should be 100/120 pixels. The scanned signature image should be of 8 bit and in jpg format. The size of the signature should be between 1 kb to 12 kb and the resolution should be 140/60 pixels.
To complete the application process the candidates have to pay the application fee.There will be 2 parts in the application process. The candidates who have filled part 1 and paid the application fee will be able to proceed with part 2. The candidates can pay the fee either online or offline (through e-challan).
The complete details’ regarding SSC JE 2017 Syllabus is provided in the official website of SSC. Syllabus will help the candidates to perform well in the examination.
Examination Pattern (Read more)
- SSC Junior Engineer Exam will be completed in 2 stages- written test of 500 marks. There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
- According to the examination pattern of SSC JE 2016, the appearing candidates for the post of JE (civil), JE (quantity surveying & contract) should attempt Part A (civil & structural) of paper I & II. On the other hand appearing candidates for JE (electrical) need to attempt Part B (electrical) & the candidates appearing for JE (mechanical) s=have to attempt Part C (mechanical) of Paper I & II.
|Papers||Subjects||Maximum marks||Examination duration|
|Paper- I MCQ type||
a) General Intelligent & Reasoningb) General Awareness
c) Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural)
Part B- General Engineering (electrical)
Part C- General Engineering (mechanical)
2 hours (10 am to 12 pm)
|Paper II- Conventional type||
Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural)OR
Part B- General Eng. (electrical)
Part C- General Eng. (mechanical)
2 hours (2 pm to 4 pm)
Posts offered through SSC JE 2017
- JE (Junior Engineere) civil & electrical in Central Public Works Department (CPWD) & department of posts
- JE (civil) & JE (electrical & mechanical) in Border Roads Organization (BRO) in ministry of defense
- JE (electrical & mechanical) & JE (quality surveying & contract) in military engineering services (MES)
- JE (civil & mechanical) in Central Water Commission (CWC) and Farakka Barrage.
No. of aspirants of SSC JE who had appeared in the previous years-
|Year||No of candidates appeared|
Registered – 186938
Appeared – 102145
Admit Card (Read more)
The admit card for the examination will be available from 10-15 days before the examination at the official website of the commission. To download the admit cards, the applicants have to enter their registration ID/Roll No./DOB. They can take the printout of their admit card to write the examination.
Cut off Marks
The SSC is going to organize JE examination. here you can find the expected cut off marks and also can check previous year cut off. To check expected cut off for JE exam 2017– Click here
SSC JE 2017 Answer key
Answer key will be available both officially and unofficially. The Official Answer key will be released in few days after the exam whereas the unofficial Answer key will be released by some of the coaching institutes just after the exam get over.
Junior Engineer Salary Structure
|Departments||Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Civil||–||–|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station.||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) –(Mechanical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)- (Electrical)||–||–|