The Mumbai University (MU) is one of the three oldest universities in India and oldest in the state of Maharashtra. Mumbai University was started in 18th July 1857 by John Wilson, a Christian Missionary and an Educator based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The University is conducting Mumbai University Common Law Entrance test (MUCLET) for the admissions to 5 Year integrated B.B.A. – L.L.B. (Hons.) Here, this section is giving you all the details regarding MUCLET 2017 such as Admission Pattern, Important dates, Eligibility, Admit card, and Results.
Eligibility Needed to Attend MUCLET 2017
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 (or equivalent) from any affiliated Board of Education in India.
- The candidates belonging to General and OBC category must score 45% in the entrance exam whereas the candidates belongs to SC/ST category must score 40% marks in the entrance exam.
- Domicile: Only the candidates from India are eligible to apply
- Age of the Candidate: The age of the candidate shouldn’t exceed above 20 years as on 1st July 2017. In case the candidate belongs to SC or ST category, then the age limit would be 22 years as on 1st July 2017.
- Note that 85% of seats of B.B.A. – L.L.B. (Hons) at Mumbai University are reserved for candidates belong to SC/ST and rest of the seats (i.e. 20%) is reserved for candidates from outside of Maharashtra. No seats are reserved for the candidates from Outside India.
MUCLET 2017 Exam pattern
Type of Exam: MUCLET following pen-paper mode Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions pattern. The candidates should mark all the answers by using Black Ball Point Pen Only.
Syllabus: The questions for MUCLET comprises of multiple choice questions from the areas such as Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical/Abstract Reasoning, and General Awareness.
Total Number of questions: There would be approximately 100 questions in MUCLET 2017, which have to attend in a total time of two hours.
- The application form will be available on the official website i.e. mu.ac.in
- Download the application forms from the website and fill the required spaces completely in Black Ink and submit it to the address shown below.
The UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI’s THANE CAMPUS [MUTC]
Balkum, Adjacent to the Runwal Garden Complex,
Dhokali, Off Thane-Bhiwandi Road,
Near Balkum Octroi Naka, Thane-400 608
Phone No. : 022-25339323 / 0-9323392305
- Now, send the application form along with TWO (2) Xerox of certificate sets attested (by a Gazette Officer or Notary Public or Principal or Head of Educational Institution or a Nationalized Bank’s Manager)
- Rs. 500/- for open categories.
- Rs. 250/- for reserved category candidates.
The fee for attending MUCLET 2017 can remit only via a Nationalized Bank and Payable at Mumbai in the name of FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS OFFICER, UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI.
Find all the important dates of MUCLET 2017 are given below. Keep in mind that all the important date information of MUCLET -2017 given below is written on the basis of brochure of MUCLET-2016. Therefore, we will update this article later.
|Name of the Event||Important Date|
|Starting date of Online application||First day June, 2017|
|Last date for application||End of June, 2017|
|MUCLET -2017 Test Info||First week of July, 2017|
|Result Declaring Date||End of June, 2017|
MUCLET -2017 Test Location: Mumbai University’s Thane Campus
Admit card/Hall Ticket
All the candidates must carry Photo pasted and stamped Hall ticket while submitting the application form. Along the hall ticket, the candidate must carry Photo identity proof In order to attend the exam.
Things to Remember
- No candidates are allowable to enter the exam hall without showing a valid Photo Id card like- driving card, Identity card offered by The Election Commission of India, Adhar Card, etc.
- No Mobile Phones, Tables, Laptops, E-calculators, E-Reading Gadgets are permitted during the conduct of MUCLET.
The institute will publish the results of all the eligible candidates online. Candidates can view their results on the result section of MU website http://mu.ac.in/portal/results/ by entering the application number in the suggested tab.