The IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This university organizes a series of CET’s for admission in different courses. This exam is organized for admission in various UG and PG courses in the field of engineering, medical, management, law, computer applications, etc. offered by the Indraprasth University. Through this article candidates can check detailed information about IPU CET 2017 including eligibility criteria, application form, etc.
IPU CET 2017 Notification
Candidates are informed that IPU CET 2017 Schedule has been released.Click here for schedule.
IPU CET Exam Dates
The IPU CET 2017 exam dates are listed below for B.Tech Programme:
|Application form starts||Last week of January 2017|
|Last date of application form submission||28th March 2017|
|Admit Card Release||Before one or two weeks from the examination|
|B.Tech exam date||23rd April 2017 (2.00 PM to 4.30 PM)|
|Result announcement||9th May 2017|
IPU CET Application Form
- Candidates can fill and submit the IPU CET 2017 Application Form through the official website of the university.
- There is not any other mode is available to fill the application form except online mode.
- The application fee is Rs.1000/-. Some processing charges and taxes are applicable.
- The IPU application form will be released from the last week of January, 2017.
In case of any corrections in application form in some particular fields (DOB, spelling mistake in candidate’s name, parents name, category), the candidates must send a physical application form (with applicable processing fee of Rs.500) to the address mentioned below:
Reception, Examination Division,
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
The eligibility for different courses is mentioned below:
- For UG courses, candidates have to pass their 10+2 equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- For PG Courses, candidates have to complete their graduation degree.
- Candidates who have a three year diploma & B.Sc graduation degree, they can apply for B.Tech Lateral entry course.
IPU CET Exam Pattern
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Candidates are required to use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Negative marking will be done for wrong answers and for more than one answer to each question.
- No of Questions: The question paper will comprise in total 150 questions for all programmes (except B.Tech. Biotechnology).
- Total 200 questions will be asked for B.Tech (Biotechnology).
- Marking Scheme: The questions will be objective type and each question will carry four marks for each correct response.
- Duration: The exam duration will be two and a half hours (for B.Tech. Biotechnology, three hours exam duration).
- Language: The question paper language will be English.
IPU CET Syllabus
Syllabus for undergraduate courses will be based on the diploma or 10+2 level. The CET syllabus for different courses will be different and the questions will be asked from the related field of the course. For better exam preparations, candidates should gather the complete information about the official syllabus and prepare accordingly
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
IPU CET 2017 Admit Card
The IPU CET 2017 Admit Card will be available before one week from the examination date. The admit card can be download through the official website of the university. It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination hall. Candidates must keep safe the admit card till the admission procedure. Re-issue of duplicate admit card will not be entertained after the examination.
IPU CET 2017 Result
The IPU CET 2017 Result will be provided to students via online mode. The result will be released after one month from the examination date. After result announcement a merit list will be prepared according to the marks obtained by the candidates in CETs. Candidates are suggested to keep the printout of the result for further use.
IPU Counselling schedule, venue and other details will be displayed on the official site of the university before one week from the counselling starts. Candidates are required to report to the counselling venue along with the required documents at the prescribed date and time. The counselling will be conducted in three rounds. The counselling process will be conducted through both modes i.e. offline and online modes. The counselling fee will be Rs.1000/-. Candidates note down that the counselling fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
IPU admission will be made according to the rank secured by the candidates in the merit list. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of choices filled by the candidates, rank on merit list and availability of seats. After seat allotment candidates have to pay the notified fee at the time of counselling/admission. In case candidates fail to pay the fee, the allotted seat will be given to the next candidate.