- 1 AIBE 2017: (All India Bar Examination), Registration, Exam Date, Syllabus
- 1.1 AIBE X Notification – Registration From 6th January
- 1.2 AIBE Exam Dates 2017
- 1.3 AIBE Registration 2017
- 1.4 AIBE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.5 Bar Council of India Exam Pattern
- 1.6 AIBE 2017 Syllabus
- 1.7 FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
- 1.7.1 Question: Who should take the All India Bar Examination? What do I need to do to apply?
- 1.7.2 Question: I am an advocate enrolled with a State Bar Council in 2006 and am currently practicing before the district court. Will I be required to appear for the All India Bar Examination?
- 1.7.3 Question: What is the minimum percentage to be achieved in the final year of law school for a law graduate to be eligible to appear for the All India Bar Examination?
- 1.7.4 Question: How do I apply to appear for the All India Bar Examination?
- 1.7.5 Question: How many times can I attempt the All India Bar Examination?
- 1.7.6 Question: I do not pass the All India Bar Examination in the first attempt, what options would I have?
- 1.7.7 Question: Do I get any benefits while applying for the All India Bar Examination since I belong to the SC/ST category?
- 1.7.8 Question: When will I receive the preparatory materials for the All India Bar Examination?
- 1.7.9 Question: What language will the examination be conducted in? Will I get the preparatory materials in the language I choose?
- 1.7.10 Question: Can I leave the examination centre once I finish?
- 1.7.11 Question: What is the minimum percentage of marks required for clearing the All India Bar Examination?
- 1.8 AIBE Admit Card (X) 2017
- 1.9 AIBE Result (X) 2017
AIBE 2017: (All India Bar Examination), Registration, Exam Date, Syllabus
All India Bar Examination (AIBE 2017) is a national level entrance exam that is managed by the Bar Council of India. AIBE exam is conducted for candidates those have passed the Law degree and wish to get the authority to practice. After qualifying this entrance exam, candidates will be awarded with “Certificate of Practice” that is provided by the BCI. Through this exam, BCI judge the lawyer’s capabilities to practice in the profession of law in India. This entrance exam will be organized in 40 cities all across India with 11 languages. Here, we are providing the detailed information about AIBE (X) 2017 that includes registration, exm date, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
AIBE X Notification – Registration From 6th January
AIBE (X) 2017 online registration will start from 6th January 2017. Click here for application form.
AIBE Exam Dates 2017
Here, we are providing the AIBE (X) 2017 exam schedule:
|Events of AIBE (10)||Dates|
|Online Registration begins from||6th January 2017|
|Offline Registration form sales begin||First week of Dec. 2016|
|Bank Payments through challan starts from||First week of Dec. 2016|
|Online Registration and offline form sales closes||Second week of February 2017|
|Last Date for Payment of challan for Online and Offline Application||Second week of February 2017|
|Last date for completion of online form||Second week of February 2017|
|Last date for receiving Offline Application forms at BCI-Delhi||Third week of February 2017|
|Online release of Admit Cards for Online and Offline application||Last week of February 2017|
|Date of Examination||26th Feb 2017|
AIBE Registration 2017
Candidates can make the AIBE registration 2017 through both; online or offline mode. The online or offline registration for the AIBE 10th will be open from 6th January 2017. The last date for sales the online or offline application form will be the Second week of February 2016 (tentative). Candidates those will fill the application form through online mode, not need to send the hard copy of the application form & other documents to the BCI office. Before filling the application form candidates would have to be ready with the given document:
- Scanned photograph & signature
- Enrollment Certificate
- Advocate ID card (if issued by State Bar Council)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
All the candidates applying for the AIBE 2017 online application, they have to pay Rs. 2500 + Rs 60 as bank transaction charge. Candidates would have to deposit the application fee only through Challan from any branch of the State Bank of India. The last date for Payment of Challan for Online and Offline Application will be the second week of February 2017 (tentative). The payment through any other mode will not be accepted. The fee is non-refundable.
AIBE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria required to appear in AIBE 2017 are mentioned below.
- Candidate must be India citizen.
- Candidate has to qualify their LLB Degree (either 3 years or 5 Years).
- Candidate has to be registered as an advocate professional with any State Bar Council.
- Candidates have to submit the suitable proof of the enrollment.
- There is no limit to appear for the All India Bar Examination.
Bar Council of India Exam Pattern
Candidates have a choice of 11 languages to attempt the examination in their preferred language. AIBE (X) 2017 will be an open book exam. It means that candidates can bring any study aid or reading material like as textbooks and treatises, AIBE Preparatory Materials, and even handwritten notes. The question paper will be composed of 100 multiple choice questions spread across various subjects. There is no negative marking. The questions asked in the examination will be divided into ‘knowledge-based’ and ‘reasoning based’. The time duration of the examination is maximum 3 hours 30 minutes.
The examination will be divided into two categories (I and II).The Examination paper will comprise at least seven (7) questions from each ‘Category I’ subject. The paper will also have twenty-three (23) questions from the ‘Category II’ subjects as a whole, and these twenty-three questions will include questions from at least five (5) Category II subjects. Category I subjects will be tested in Part I of the question paper, and Category II subjects will be tested in Part II of the question paper. The Category I and Category II subjects are set out below:
|Category I||Category II|
|Subjects||Q.||Subjects||No. of Q.|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||7||Administrative Law||23 questions in all, and these questions will include questions from at least 5 subjects in Category II|
|Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act||7||Company Law|
|Constitutional Law||7||Environmental Law|
|Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments||7||Family Law|
|Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code||7||Human Rights Law|
|Criminal Procedure||7||Labour and Industrial Law|
|Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing||7||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law|
|Evidence||7||Principles of Taxation Law|
|Jurisprudence||7||Public International Law|
|Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates||7||Total Marks = 100Total Questions = 100|
AIBE 2017 Syllabus
The syllabus of the AIBE (X) 2017 will be prescribed by the Bar Council of India for the 3 year and 5 year LLB programmes at law schools in India. The syllabus consists of various topics such as:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
- Constitutional Law
- Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments
- Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure
- Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing
- Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates
- Property Law
- Administrative Law
- Company Law
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Human Rights Law
- Labour and Industrial Law
- Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law
- Principles of Taxation Law
- Public International Law
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
AIBE Admit Card (X) 2017
Candidates can get their admit cards from the official portal of AIBE. The AIBE 2017 admit card will be released from the last week of February 2017 (tentative). By entering their application number and date of birth, candidates can download their admit card. There is no provision to send the admit card through post.
AIBE Result (X) 2017
The AIBE 2017 result will be declared through online process in the official portal. All the candidates who passed this entrance exam will receive a Certificate of Law Practice. There is no provision of declaration of the percentage, percentile, rankings, or absolute marks.
After the examination within two or three days, the answer key will be published in the official site. If the candidates will found any discrepancy in the answer key, then they will inform to the examination board in time. With the use of answer key, candidates can match their answer and calculate their expected marks.